I am a PhD student at Johns Hopkins University, working in the Center for Language and Speech Processing (CLSP), advised by Sanjeev Khudanpur and Dan Povey. My research interests lie in the application of machine learning methods for speech and language tasks. I am currently working on speech recognition and speaker diarization for multi-talker recordings.
I graduated from IIT Guwahati in 2017 with a major in Computer Science. My bachelor thesis was on deep learning methods for relation extraction in clinical text, supervised by Ashish Anand.
When I’m not doing ML, I like to work out, climb boulders, play guitar, and read fiction.
- June 2021: 4 papers accepted at INTERSPEECH 2021. Check out publications page for more info! Also, I am attending ICASSP 2021 virtually :)
- April 2021: Our JHU-GoVivace team placed 2nd (and 1st in the Hindi-English task) in the Indic code-switching challenge.
- March 2021: I will be interning (virtually) with Dr. Jinyu Li at Microsoft this summer.
- January 2021: Our Hitachi-JHU team obtained 2nd best DER in the Third Dihard challenge. We used several systems, and combined their outputs with a modified version of DOVER-Lap. Register for the workshop for more details!
- November 2020: 4 papers accepted at IEEE SLT 2021. Check out publications page for more info!